- Rule number one : Do the job, get your money and get lost !!!!
- Fixing Linux is easier than living with Windows.
- Live by the code, die by the code. --Ghost Dog
- If it isn't obsolete, it isn't stable enough.
- Real Programmers aren't afraid to use GOTOs.
- A truly outstanding programmer can find bugs buried in a 6 megabyte core dump without using a hex calculator.
- A Real Programmer would certainly not talk to the computer with a mouse.
- Real Programmers consider "what you see is what you get" to be just as bad a concept in Text Editors as it is in Women !!!
- The Real Programmer wants a "you asked for it, you got it" text editor- complicated, cryptic, powerful, unforgiving, dangerous.
- At a party, the Real Programmers are the ones in the corner talking about operating system security and how to get around it.
- Real Programmers write programs, not documentation. Leave that to the maintenance people.
- The Real Programmer is capable of working 30, 40, even 50 hours at a stretch, under intense pressure. In fact, he prefers it that way.
- Real Programmers don't know how to cook.Grocery stores aren't open at three in the morning. Real Programmers survive on Twinkies and coffee.
- Unix is a glorified video game.
- UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity -- Dennis Ritchie
- For God's sake, stop researching for a while and begin to think!
- Windows is easier than Linux, in the same way that crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom
- Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking.
- Why do you let complete strangers, install software packages, pulled from some Internet server, with no warranty, all over your system?
BY: Pejman Moghadam
DATE: 2011-04-04 21:40:00